Friday, January 23, 2009

My memory palace

In class you told us we needed to think about the first house I grew up in....for me that is easier said then done. My family was very migrational for a while...when I was five I lived in Delta Junction Alaska...I do remember listening to Neil Diamond all the way up in our Blue and white full size van. The van seated 7 people. The interior was all blue...it wasn't the prettiest van in the world which just proves Yates right (sometimes what we remeber is the ugly and horrible). The event itself wasn't horrible but the memory of the van was not visually pleasing. Back to the subject at hand though, my first house I remember was the house we lived in when I was 7-8ish. It was a small three bedroom house in my hometown of Geraldine MT. When you walk up to the house you have to take three steps to get onto the deck then approximatly 5 steps from there to the door. As soon as you enter through the door, you are in the living room. In the living room there is a fixed fireplace on the far north wall. The fireplace is all metal. Directly behind the living room (in the middle of the house but south of the livingroom) is the kitchen. There is a fixed bar area directly south of the living room which seperates the two rooms. On the east side of the kitchen was the sink. South of the Kitchen was a family room with two bedrooms attached to them on the west side. One of these was my beedroom and one was for my little sister (the wicked witch in Childrens lit presentation). The rooms were small, my bed was on the west side of the room. Now that I think about it, the rooms were not that small, I just had a ginormous (portmanteau?) king size water bed that had a massive oak head board on it. I mean this sucker was huge! It had a full mirror in it compartments to place things in, (much like our memory palaces will have), and drawers underneath the mattress. My do I miss that bed. The memory is making me nastaulgic for it! You knew this was going to happen though didn't you professor Sexson? You are a clever one!

No comments:

Post a Comment