Friday, January 16, 2009

Welcome to my Blog

The first thing that came to my mind after we discussed memory was a wonderful movie called Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. In this movie two lovers had a horrible breakup and decided the best way they can move on was to try this experimental technology to remove their memory of the past lover. This seemed like a novel idea to both of them but through out the movie they began to realize how their world fell apart without those memories. This got me thinking....how large is our memories in reguards to our identity? Sophia Loren is quoted as saying "“I've never tried to block out the memories of the past, even though some are painful. I don't understand people who hide from their past. Everything you live through helps to make you the person you are now.” In that reguard your memories ARE YOU! They are your pain, they are your happiness, they are your confussion, they are your ugliness and beauty, they are you. I am happy to have the chance to expand my memory and therefore, expand me (Brandon).

No comments:

Post a Comment